NBA Alum of the Week: Chris Paul- He was the biggest headline this off season and he hasn’t disappointed LA Clipper fans to start the NBA season. He has averaged 15 points, 8 assists, and 3 steals a game in an undefeated 3-0 week for the Los Angeles Clippers.
College Alum of the Week: Truck Bryant: The BIG EAST Conference has named West Virginia guard Darryl Bryant and St. John’s guard D’Angelo Harrison the winners of the confrence’s weekly men’s basketball honors for the week-ending Jan. 8.Bryant was named BIG EAST Player of the Week for the second time this season after he averaged 27.0 points, shot 48.3 percent from the field and made 50.0 percent of his 3-point attempts in a 2-0 week. He opened the week by scoring 29 points in an 85-64 win against Rutgers and followed that effort with a game-high 25 points in a 74-62 win against No. 9/9 Georgetown. Bryant has averaged a BIG EAST-leading 24.8 points in four conference games this season and ranks third in overall scoring at 18.4 points per game.
College Alumni Honor Roll
- Jared Sullinger:The 6-9 center averaged 23.5 points and 10.0 rebounds per game in a 2-0 week for the #5 buckeyes.
- Eli Carter-Avg. 19 points in 1-1 week for Rutgers including victory over top 25 UCONN
- Khaliff Wyatt-Wyatt averaged 25ppg in a 1-1 week which included a 22 point outing vs. No. 3 ranked Duke.
- Jordan Theodore: Avg. 17ppg in victories over West Virginia and Providence to push Seton Hall into the top 25 for the first time in 11 years
- Dion Waiters: Avg. nearly 13 ppg in #1 Syracuse’s last three victories over Depaul, Marquette, and Providence
- Mike Glover-named MAAC player of the week last week while putting up 20ppg , 6rpg, and 3 bpg in victories over Siena, Niagara, Marist
- Latif Rivers: named NEC player of the week as Wagner has won 3 straight and Rivers has averaged 18.7ppg for the Seahawks
- Franz Massenat: the Sophomore guard scored a career-high 24 points in the 64-58 win over VCU on Sunday night at the Massenat was 7-for-10 from the field and 4-for-4 from three-point territory against the Rams. Massenat now leads the Colonial Athletic Association in the three-point percentage category.
- Tyshawn Taylor: Taylor, the 6-3 senior averaged 11 points for the #10 ranked Jayhawks in a 2-0 week with wins over Texas Tech and Kansas State
- Kenny Boynton:The 6-2 junior guard averaged 16.5 points and 3.5 assists in a 1-1 week for the gators who are ranked 19th in the country.
- Tim Hardaway Jr: Hardaway Jr. averaged 18 points and 7 rebounds per game in a 1-1 week for the 13th ranked Wolverines.
- Jermaine Marshall: The Penn State sophomore averaged 17.5 points in a 1-1 week which included an upset win or Purdue and a close loss at home against the #12 ranked Hoosiers of Indiana
Small College Alum of the week:Matt Schubert: Playing in its first-ever Liberty League game, Bard College stunned regional foe Vassar, 59-57, on Tuesday night. Bard senior Matt Shubert made a pair of free throws with three seconds left to break open a tie on his way to scoring a career high 27 points. Schubert finished 14-18 from the line to lead the Raptors.
High School Alum of the Week: Amile Jefferson: Jefferson a top 50 player in the class of 2012 scored 27 points for Friends Central(PA) versus Kellem HS in the 7 Cities Classic in Virginia.
Alumni Honor Roll:
Daniel Dingle: Temple bound Dingle led St Raymonds with 21 points, 15 rebounds, and 4 assists in a victory of D.C. power, Paul VI
Rondae Jefferson: a top 50 player in the class of 2013 led the Chester (PA) with 18 points in an overtime victory over Landstown. Jefferson went 5-6 from the FT line in OT to seal the victory.
Jaren Sina/Alex Mitola/Dom Hoffman: The trio from Gil St. Bernards(NJ) combined for 64 points in a victory over nation power Mater Dei(CA)
Beejay Anya: Anya led nationally ranked power Dematha(DC) with 17 points, 7 rebounds and 7 assists over Philadelphia powerhouse Neumann Goretti.
Omar Calhoun: The sharpshooter scored 22 points for Christ the King(NYC) in a win with over league rival Xaverian.
Kayel Locke: Locked scored 20 points and grabbed 10 boards for the McDonough School(MD) in a loss to John Carroll HS.
Matt Sherman: led Harriton HS(PA) with a career high 28 points in a victory over Strath Haven. Sherman is shooting a lights out 54-57 from the stripe for the year!
Steve Vasturia:The Notre Dame commit led St. Joes Prep of Philadelphia with 24 points and 6 rebounds in a victory over Wheeling Park(WV) over the weekend.
Armond Conover: Conover, a senior at Asbury Park HS(NJ) averaged 27.5 points over the last 2 games to lead Asbury Park to wins over Monsignor Donovan & Red Bank.
Mike Zangari: The 6-10 East Carolina commit led Red Land HS(PA) with 26 points in a victory over Susquehanna Township. This brought Zangari’s career point total to 1,436 as he became the school’s all time leading scorer.
Girls Alum of the Week: Angelica Esposito:Senior point guard Angelica Esposito scored 10 of her game-high 18 points during a game-changing third quarter as the Rumson Fair-Haven Lancers, overcame a five-point deficit at halftime to register a 57-47 at the No. 5 Bulldogs to take control of Class A Central.
Jr Elite Alum of the Week: Alex Seff, a freshman at Washington & Lee(VA) was recently promoted to the JV team from the Freshman team after starting the season off averaging 24 points through his first 7 games. Alex has attended Jr Elite, Kevin Boyle PG camp as well as the Bob Hurley skills camp.