Every parent has questions and concerns before sending their child away to overnight camp. Since 1963 Hoop Group has provided a fun and safe learning environment for both boys and girls. Here are 10 reasons why you should send your child to Hoop Group Skills Camp.
What kind of Experience will my child have at camp?
- Meet kids from all over the country and world
- Your child will meet new friends on the court, in the dining hall, at the pool etc.
- Your child will be coached by someone from a different, town, city, state or even country.
Is basketball camp a place for my child to develop on and off the court?
- First time away from home for most kids
- Interaction with different coaches and teacher from all over the country
- Develop basketball skills as well as life skills
- Learn to work with others
- Have responsibility to a team/group
- How to set goals
Who is directing the camp?
- 2 full time camp directors on campus 24 hours a day
- Basketball backgrounds include playing and coaching at the high school and college level.
- HG Skills directors have coached players including college All Americans as well as current NBA players Sam Young, Maurice Speights, and Joe Alexander
Who are the full time staff?
- Counselors are high school, college, and former professional players and coaches
- Certified Athletic Trainer on staff 24 hours a day
What does the Teaching Program involve?
- Station Work & Skill Development: start everyday conquering the fundamentals of the game
- Games: Use the skills learned at stations and apply them in the game situations
- Lectures from coaches and players
- The Hoop Group brings some of the top coaches in the country to speak to campers about basketball development
- 50th summer of camp: longest running overnight basketball camp in the U.S.
What is the setting like at Camp?
- 35 acres campground
- 38 cabins
- Air Conditioned Dining Hall
- In ground pool
- Game Room
- 15 outdoor courts including 2 covered courts overlooked by the Pocono Mountains
- Isolated and distraction free with a 100% focus on basketball
What are your child’s accommodations at camp?
- At HG Skills camp, campers will stay in a cabin with a group of friends. The typical cabin holds anywhere from 8-10 campers. For bigger groups there are 2 cabins that hold 18-20 campers.
- Dining Hall where campers meet 3 times a day for family style meals
- 4 Public Restrooms
How often are meals provided at camp?
- Campers are fed 3 meals a day by full time cook/chef with option of salad bar
- In between meals campers are welcome to visit the canteen where they can purchase snacks.
- Chef works with campers meals with special needs(food allergies, etc)
Is your child Safe at Camp?
- HG Skills camp has a certified athletic trainer on staff 24 hours a day
- Emergency defibrillator on hand at all times which trainer and camp directors are trained to use
- 2 camp directors on staff 24 hours a day who are CPR certified
- Lifeguard on watch during pool hours
- Night time security guard who patrols campus
- Attendance taken 5 times throughout a typical camp day
Will my child have an opportunity to have fun at camp?
- Have fun while playing basketball
- Enjoy a break hanging with your new friends in the game room
- Relax in the pool during your downtime
- Make new friends for life!